Discuss Proper Nutrition at Family Chiropractic with Dr. Terry in Clifton Park, NY
Since you were a child, chances are you have heard how important good nutrition is. Not only did your parents drill it into your head, but you also learned about proper nutrition in school. What you learned about nutrition as a child is all true. Have you ever wondered why?
Why Is Good Nutrition So Important?
Food provides your body with vitamins, minerals, fats, proteins, and energy that it needs to survive, grow, and function normally. Eating a nutritious, balanced diet is necessary for good health and also for your overall well-being.
How to Maintain Good Nutrition
There are several important steps to maintaining good nutrition.
- Fruit: Eat three fruits each day. Also, use fruit to satisfy your craving for sugar.
- Beans: Incorporate beans into your diet. There are many delicious ways to do this such as eating bean burritos, bean dip, or black bean soup.
- Vegetables: Increase your vegetable intake by eating them at lunch, dinner, and for a snack.
- Whole grain: Whole grains are important when it comes to proper nutrition.
- Dairy: Two servings of low-fat dairy are necessary for proper nutrition.
- Meals: Don't skip meals. This can result in overeating. It is best to eat three meals a day.
- Water: Drink plenty of water. Proper hydration is essential, and water has no calories or fat.
What Is the Difference Between Good Nutrition and Dieting?
Proper nutrition and dieting are relatively similar; however, they are different. Proper nutrition requires that you make sure that you get the recommended daily intake of each of the four food groups as well as the right amount of vitamins and minerals. If you are going to be successful while dieting, proper nutrition is important. However, eating a low-calorie diet is even more critical. A low-calorie diet isn't important if you are just trying to maintain proper nutrition.
How Can Better Nutrition Help You?
Better nutrition can help you in a variety of ways. First, it can help you keep your weight at a healthy level. This will reduce your risk of obesity and type 2 diabetes. Also, proper nutrition will give you more energy during the day and reduce fatigue. Finally, when you are getting the right amount of vitamins and minerals that your body needs, it will improve your overall health.
How Our Chiropractors Can Guide Your Nutritionally
At Family Chiropractic & Wellness With Dr. Terry, we understand that diet and exercise go hand-in-hand with proper overall health. Seeing a chiropractor can help you maintain proper nutrition to bolster your overall health. If you are interested in taking natural supplements to help you improve and maintain your nutrition, we can recommend the most effective and popular products on the market today.
Contact Dr. Terry in Clifton Park Today
For information on how we can help with weight loss or if you need nutritional counseling, give us a call today. We service patients in Clifton Park, Mechanicville, Malta, Albany and Latham.